Personal information Jarron Mueller
|Status||:||Under contract for 2016-2017|
|Present Club||:||VC Bitterfeld-Wolfen|
2016-2017 VC Bitterfeld-Wolfen Germany
2015-2016 Tierp Volley Sweden
Current Club 2014-2015
- Canadian National Team Full Time Training Centre
- Trained full time from September to May with national team staff
- Competed against French pro A, pro B, and French CADETS national team in March
- 2011 Junior National Team setter
- Starter for a 2nd place finish at Junior Pan Am Cup in Panama
- Finished 11th in the 2011 Junior World Championships in Rio, Brazil
- Invited to the Senior A and B team tryouts this May
Previous Clubs 2010-2014
- Setter of the University of Alberta Golden Bears in Edmonton, Alberta
- 2014 National University Champion
- Team captain for 3 years
- Finished top 3 in the regular season every year (2 first place finishes)
- In 2013 set the record for most wins in a season (20-2 record)
- 2012 Canada West All-star
- 3rd place all time in assists at the University of Alberta
- Awarded the 2014 Honorary Block A ring for contribution to athletics, the community and academics
- 2 time winner of Presidents Leadership Award (2013, 2014)
- 2 time all-star and champion of National Team Challenge cup (2009, 2010)
I have an exceptional work ethic and compete everyday in practice. I am always the hardest worker on a team, and bring competitiveness and intensity to practice every day. I am a great team player that places a lot of emphasis on creating strong relationships with my teammates and working with them to get the most out of them individually and as a team. I have been the captain on all teams I have played on because I lead by example, am a strong communicator, am respected and enjoyed by my teammates. I grew up in a volleyball family and have been around volleyball my whole life. This has contributed to my love and great understanding of the game. I have a high degree of athleticism (having played many sports at a high level) and am able to combine this with a high degree of intelligence to enhance my role in the setting position.
I am a high achiever in everything I do. I set goals and place high standards on myself to try and be the best at whatever I put my mind to. I have completed a Bachelor Degree in Business with a major in Human Resource Management. This has given me a lot of experience in understanding differences in people and how to motivate and work with them to achieve common goals. I have taken many courses and also have personal experiences resolving conflicts and building successful relationships. This contributes to my strength as a leader and facilitator both on and off the court. I have also played beach volleyball at a high level and therefore fully understand the ‘hitter’ mentality. This enhances my ability as a setter to manage and meet my teammates needs during games.
I also place high value on helping out in the community, as it is our responsibility as athletes. I was the Community outreach coordinator for our universities student athlete board. I created and organized many events at schools and hospitals for athletes to give back to others and have an impact on young peoples lives.
I am a strong leader that cares a lot about teammates and staff. I come from a strong family and my excellent upbringing has given me maturity and perspective. I resolve conflicts well and know how to problem solve. I get along with others and I require a low degree of maintenance as a player. I love the game of volleyball and enjoy being a student of the game.
As I said, I am a student of the game so I look forward to continuing to improve and find ways to run a efficient offence. I have been fortunate to gain the respect of my coaches during my career and therefore have always been engaged working with them to fine tune offensive strategies. As a younger setter on the international level, I look forward to gaining more experience and to play many international games. The game of volleyball is continually changing and I look forward to being part of this movement.